Get the Resources and Support you Need
As a Canadian Home Builders' Association of BC (CHBA BC) member, you are not alone. To help you succeed, CHBA BC offers technical support services, reference materials and government information for the benefit of all its members. When you join one of the local affiliated Home Builder Associations in B.C., your company automatically becomes a member in CHBA at the local, provincial and national level.
CHBA BC plays an important role in speaking to the government on behalf of homebuilders, renovators, developers, and new homebuyers. It provides reasonable and informed comments on legislation and regulatory actions and deals with many important and complicated issues such as changes to the building codes and amendments to legislation affecting the housing industry. We have developed credibility that ensures its views are sought by government, the media, and other agencies on issues affecting construction and the general economy of B.C.
Representation on Three Levels
The Canadian Home Builders' Association is one association representing the residential construction industry and serving our members at three levels. When you join the CHBA in your area, you automatically become a member at the local, provincial and national levels.
Locally. Municipal government liaison, monthly meetings, industry seminars, professional development, marketing campaigns, awards programs…members have many opportunities to have their voice heard by government, make business contacts, stay informed and build recognition with consumers.
Provincially. The Association deals with a wide range of provincial government regulations and policies that affect members, their businesses and their customers—from codes and standards, to health and safety, infrastructure financing, the environment and consumer protection. Provincial conferences and awards programs give members an opportunity to meet and network with peers from across the province.
Nationally. At the national level, the CHBA represents and serves the entire membership from coast to coast.
Technical Services at Your Disposal
- Technical Advisory Committee
- Code and Construction Guide for housing
- CHBA Builders' Manual
- Member rates for Residential Construction Contracts
Benefits to Membership
Customers will recognize you as a home building professional.
You will have a powerful voice that can be heard on many issues that can directly affect your business.
You will have the ability to market and brand your company as a leader, by entering into the Georgie Awards®, the highest recognized award for excellence in home building.
You receive Member reduced rates when you enroll in our Continuing Education Courses.
Meet regularly and discuss industry business with like-minded professionals.
Play an active role in your Association with the opportunity to make a difference in your industry.
For more information on membership, please contact the local association in your area, or call the CHBA BC office at 604.432.7112.
Working For You
- Property Transfer Tax (PTT) – CHBA BC continues to lobby to have the ceiling raised to better reflect market pricing for housing.
- The CHBA BC is the recognized voice with government and invites Members to be involved in the consultative process when it comes to Building Code changes.
- CHBA BC continues to dialogue with BC Housing and the Home Owner Protection Office to ensure we will have a strong voice and active involvement in the monitoring and implementation of a proposed licensing initiative which will require Education & Training and continued professional development as a requirement of builder licensing.
- CHBA BC has been regularly consulted on the BC Building Code as well as participates on many committees including the National Advisory Council Concerning Energy Efficiency, Technical Education and Career Counseling, HPO Advisory Council, Labour Market Information BC and the Building Policy Advisory Council.
- Environmental Stewardship Division of CHBA BC and is the managing body delivering EnerGuide, Built Green and R-2000 programs in the province. These certification programs give members the ability to stand out and be recognized as experts in energy efficiency and sustainable residential construction.